Kitten Pouncing Behaviour

Elsie03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys,

I have a 7 month old male kitten that has gone thru neutralization just earlier this month. He has always been a pretty bad tempered kitten, but mostly an adorable one. He's usually wild and active all day long. As he's the only cat in the household and left his family pretty young, he's missing out a lot of the necessary cat etiquette. He has this biting behaviour since young and believe me I have tried all ways to stopped him but he usually only listen for that once and forget about it 15mins later.

So recently, he has been pouncing on me quite frequently when I'm lying beside him or at night when I go out of the room to the living room (he sleeps in the living room) with only a torch light. I am aware that he's trying to play with me but his bites break skins and draw blood. When I push him away and try to walk away, he would chase after me and bite again. If I try to push him down on the floor to get him to calm down, he will just attack my hands and he is usually more aggressive during night time when we switched the lights off.

I do play with him and spend time with him constantly for more than 2 hrs a day. It doesn't seems like he's not fond of me as well since he loves it when I carry him in which he would hug my hand and not let go. So I'm really out of wit and would really appreciate some advise. Now, I seriously can't get pass a single day without new wounds on my hand or legs.

Just some image to show how serious the bites are.

My naughty boy :(

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the same problem as you. Almost as if he's tethered to you with a large rubber band. Then, I found out I could buy band aids in bulk pretty cheap on EBay. :dunno: