Kitten Poos In Same Spot On The Carpet At The Same Time Of Night

gingerbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I just adopted two new five month old kittens, and one kitten who I was warned can be kind of a "jerk" likes to poop on the carpet, always in the same spot at the same time of night. I am very diligent in cleaning the litter boxes, and even used one litter box with a mix of kitten litter and clay litter and the other box with clay litter both are in the same spot in a bathroom (they don't have full access to the house yet for this reason). This kitten runs away from me and I am not sure how to re train this kitten. The other kitten has no problems with the litter box. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated as these are my first cats.

SunshineAndMia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't chase your kitten when it runs away! This can be a problem if your kitten feels chased, and it will never get used to you. Also, a cat will never eliminate waste where it eats. If your food dishes are too close to the litter box, this could be it, but you could also try putting their food beside the spot kitten likes to poop. The spot probably smells like a litter box to kitten, unless you have treated it chemically with special cat urine removal products. The best solution would be to feed kitten where you don't want it eliminating, to see if that works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingerbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok I am going to try that. I used a spray to treat the carpet but its pet friendly but I can try putting the litter box there and see what happens. Thank you

SunshineAndMia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, I meant putting the food there so that kitten will no longer poop there. Cats generally won't poop or pee where they eat, kind of like some humans find it odd to have a bathroom off the kitchen, haha.

gingerbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh ok I was going to try and avoid having food on the carpet as they will be released soon to the whole house but I can try that too and put the food there. Should I move the food there or move the litter box to that spot? This kitten loves to go in that corner so wasn't sure what to do. Thanks for your help!!

SunshineAndMia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You should move the food to that spot. Or putting the litter box on the spot could work, but I'm not too sure about that one.

gingerbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok perfect. Hopefully he wont find another space to do his business that is inappropriate :) Thank you