Kitten Pooping On the Floor

supertyler2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, we've recently got a 2 month old kitten, and she was doing great using her litter box. Then, I went to my dad's house and my mom didn't clean the litter box for one night and when I came home it was pretty gross and smelly. I cleaned it out, but later on I heard the kitten meowing in my mother's room (It's really just boxes and tubs of clothes; no bed or real furniture since she sleeps in the living room). Anyways, I heard her meowing and came to see what was going on, and she was pooping diarrhea in between some tubs. I'm just curious as to why she would do this, and I'm also worried that she might start peeing. Also, like with cat pee, is she going to want to go back and poop/urinate in that same spot?

Thanks for any insight you might have :)

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Being still a young kitten, she probably could not reach her box and it was not clean either.  
 However, because it is diarrhea you can't rule out the likelihood that she is ill. 

You should thoroughly clean (use the proper cleanser) the soiled areas to remove all traces of feces to prevent your kitten from using them again. 

luv2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Diarrhea can dehydrate a kitten quickly, it you can you probably should take her to a Vet to be checked out.  I agree that the kitten probably couldn't make it to her box but even if she did and it being dirty she found elsewhere.  She also might not have known where the box was because she was in a different home.  Lots of things to consider but my first stop would be to call your Vet and discuss the diarrhea - she might also have worms, most kittens do.  Good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

supertyler2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The box wasn't dirty when she was pooping on the floor, I cleaned it as soon as I got home. And when it was dirty, she still seemed to be using it. And I cleaned up the feces...I wasn't going to just leave it there. I think that she just has an upset stomach or possibly worms. She was de-wormed before we got her, so I'm unsure but we're taking her to the vet tomorrow anyways.

Thanks for your guys's help