Kitten Pooping On Leather Couch

OhlookyyitsCourtney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am a new cat owner. I got my little Mochi last week and he is 4 months old. I have the litter box, food and a cat tree set up upstairs. When I took him home, he was using the litter box except he would not cover his waste. Everything else seems fine. A couple of days ago he was downstairs and pooped on my leather couch. So I thought maybe my litter box is too far or maybe he didn't like the litter. Since he was used to clay litter and I was giving him corn litter, I got him new litter. After the new litter, he is burying his waste now but today he pooped on the same couch again

What do i do? Please help!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO far, you did very well. Now, you need to get a good enzymatic cleaner and wipe the couch down thoroughly. HE can still smell where he went, even though YOU can't! Their noses, while not so sensitive as a dog's, are FAR better than ours, and scents will linger, even on leather.

Cat_mediator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes, it is true that you need to clean the area very well, otherwise, he will do it again. How many litters do you have by the way? Most cats don't like to poop and pee in the same box. So add another box. In addition, try to play with him on the couch too, cuz cats don't like to poop on his play areas.