Kitten Pooping In Tub

injirasmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 12 week old kitten who has never given me an issue using the litter box. For the last two days she's been pooping in the tub and peeing in the litter box.Her litter box is always clean and after she pooped in the tub the first time I completely changed out her litter, washed the box out thoroughly and placed new litter in there. I should mention she really enjoys being in the tub and gets inside the tub when I shower or even for random playtime. She's the only kitten here and I'm not sure what can be the cause. Her poop hasn't been especially hard so I dont think shes constipated. I am moving this weekend and my studio is full of boxes could that be the reason she's acting out?

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe if things are being moved, packed up etc, she could be confused.

ivyandnala

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some cats don't like to poop and pee in the same litter box. I would suggest getting a second litter box if your current one is fairly small. Alternatively, you could try getting one really big box. I have a big litter tray and my cat poops in one area (top left) and pees in another (bottom right).

Of course, with the move it's very possible she's just acting out because of stress. Cat's do weird things when we change their environment. (I've moved several times and my girl has been fine with it, but each cat is unique).

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah, the changes that come with moving could be stressing her out causing her to poop in a weird place. get another litter box and put it somewhere nearby. alternatively, if you have a different area that can be dedicated to her litter box(es), move them and just keep the bathroom door shut. the bathroom is a no-go zone for my cats because they love to play with and shred the toilet paper.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL you get to pee in peace? I have one cat that chases his tail in tub or hangs off the edge of the tub. Meanwhile the other cat is getting his fill of water & is hurrying me up to finish washing my hands so he can drink from the faucet ;)

I like the idea of giving her a second litter box and sticking it in the tub. Also I would move her poop to the litter box and leave it there for a day... and clean the tub with enzyme cleaners.

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL you get to pee in peace? I have one cat that chases his tail in tub or hangs off the edge of the tub. Meanwhile the other cat is getting his fill of water & is hurrying me up to finish washing my hands so he can drink from the faucet ;)

I like the idea of giving her a second litter box and sticking it in the tub. Also I would move her poop to the litter box and leave it there for a day... and clean the tub with enzyme cleaners.
:lol: cats in the bathroom are hilarious. before i sanctioned the bathroom off fuzzybutt would always come to the bathtub and peek in whenever i was taking a bath. once he got onto the side of the tub and i just HELD MY BREATH because if he fell in then i'd most certainly die lmao.

and then sometimes they jump onto your lap while you're on the toilet?? and you're just like?? what are boundaries?? :lol:

magister

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both Rîna and Tällia started this caper a couple of weeks after I got them; before that, they'd used the litter without a problem (Tällia in particular simply would not leave the bath alone). I ended up putting a stop to it by leaving an inch or so of water in the bath. They jumped in a couple of times, got well soaked, and never did it again. :D