Kitten Pooping In Pack And Play

Lindsay1126

Kuechly
Kitten
Purraise
So we have a 5 month old kitten, who has had no bathroom issues at all until now. I smelled cat poo, so I checked all the boxes and no poop, so I started looking around and found 3 poops in my sons pack and play. Now I have noticed that he has always been interested in the pack and play bc my son is handicap and has the lights that bounce all around the room for him to look at. It made sense that the kitten would love it, bc he can chase the lights. We have had him for 2.5 months and this is the first time he has pooped anywhere outside of the litter box. Not sure how to handle this. I am expecting and want to make sure we get this pooping in play pens under control before my next one is here. My son is old enough not to have to use a pack and play daily, but my little one will need one.

Just some info: We have 3 litter boxes, one on each level of our home. It has pine pellets (which is what the SPCA used). All have been cleaned daily. Since I am preggo, I make sure to clean them daily so it doesn't have time to form the toxoplasmosis.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does your son use the pack n play, but just not as much? Or, not at all any more? Maybe the kitten thinks he can take it over, or is interested in it being used more/again, since he has previously demonstrated an attraction to it.

Last edited: