Kitten Personality Changes

coriejo24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2A22A58E-346B-4649-93BB-66F89C6FF189.jpeg Hi, it’s been so long since I’ve had, been around, a kitten so I’m curious how they change as they get older. Right now Henry, is so sweet and curious about everything. He’s content to play by himself or loves to chase the dogs. When I’m sitting he always climbs in my lap. He’s just so stinking sweet. I’m really just looking for some insight or advise on what to expect in the coming months. I’d really love to hear some first hand experience.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cute little guy! Yes, kittens do have some personality changes as they grow older but my experience is that these are minor and temporary. For the most part the sweet social kitten grows to be a sweet social adult and the shy kitten becomes a shy or cautious adult cat.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... For the most part the sweet social kitten grows to be a sweet social adult and the shy kitten becomes a shy or cautious adult cat.
I'd just add that it can be a great idea to regularly bring a stream of human visitors through your house during the kitten years. Seeing, smelling, and playing with other humans besides you will keep up the social skills of the kitten. If they see a lot of humans for the next year or so, they'll quickly learn how to judge which humans cause them to be shy or to hide, and which do not.

:kitty::catrub: