YazanYosor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a kitten who is nearly two months
We found him when he was about five weeks old
He used the litter box immediately for both peeing and pooping
Then a couple of days ago I brought a kitten who is the same age
He also used the litter box but since then I saw the resident kitten pee three times outside the litter box
He plays with the new kitten and doesn't hiss
Is it because of the new kitten or the fact that he already doesn't like to share the litter box or maybe something completely ambiguous?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard to say, but you should get at least one more litter box, two if you can, before he makes a habit out of it. Make sure to clean the spots he's peed in with a good enzymatic cleaner. It could be that he doesn't like to share, or he may be developing into one of those cats that needs separate boxes for urinating and defecating.

Are both kittens healthy, or is one or both showing signs of an upper respiratory infection? Not feeling 100% could also lead to litter box mishaps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

YazanYosor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say, but you should get at least one more litter box, two if you can, before he makes a habit out of it. Make sure to clean the spots he's peed in with a good enzymatic cleaner. It could be that he doesn't like to share, or he may be developing into one of those cats that needs separate boxes for urinating and defecating.

Are both kittens healthy, or is one or both showing signs of an upper respiratory infection? Not feeling 100% could also lead to litter box mishaps.
Both are healthy and active. I have a feeling that it's related to the size of the litter box and sharing it with another kitten.
I will buy two bigger litter boxes today and see how things go.