Kitten paw pad flakey

peaches1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, just wondering if anyone might have an idea what this is on my kittens paw please?
It's only on his back right paw, isn't in pain with it, he's allowing me to bathe it and touch it etc, no limping, eating and drinking well and playing as mischievous as ever.
Booked in at vets next week but wondering if there's anything I can do at home to help between now and then?
He's a Maine Coon kitty, almost 6 months old, he's a dream very chilled and happy. Just don't want it to get any worse & praying it's not linked to anything underlying. On all his other paws there's masses of hair where the scaley area is :)
20221112_133944.jpg

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Might be Pillow Foot. My cat has it, it’s an autoimmune disease. It never gave her any pain but could if left untreated. My vet put her on a long cycle of doxycycline and that helped a lot. A few months later, she’s mostly in remission. I was very upset at first when I realized my poor baby has to deal with this but I’m thankful there are ways to treat it and it doesn’t give her pain.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
To me it looks more like a fungus than pillowfoot, but your Vet will be able to tell you more. You can try putting coconut oil on it if you want. It has some healing qualities in it and should help with the flakiness that I believe I'm seeing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peaches1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Might be Pillow Foot. My cat has it, it’s an autoimmune disease. It never gave her any pain but could if left untreated. My vet put her on a long cycle of doxycycline and that helped a lot. A few months later, she’s mostly in remission. I was very upset at first when I realized my poor baby has to deal with this but I’m thankful there are ways to treat it and it doesn’t give her pain.

peaches1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello thanks for your response! Got to the bottom of it in the end, he had stepped in something and it had dried on his paw!! The vets gave it a good wash and scrapped it all off, he now has a special gell to put on it to help it heal along with the wash.

peaches1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To me it looks more like a fungus than pillowfoot, but your Vet will be able to tell you more. You can try putting coconut oil on it if you want. It has some healing qualities in it and should help with the flakiness that I believe I'm seeing.