Black

Red smoke

Red

Girls:

Black smoke

Black

Black Tortie Smoke

Black Tortie

All kittens can be with or without white. It kind of depends on what the parents carry as well, so if you have more information that would be great too. If one of the parents carries the silver (That causes smoke in combination with the non-tabby gene) homosygote, all your kittens will be smoke. If both parents carry the silver gene and the non-silver gene (so heterozygote), there can be non-smoke kittens as well. There's also the posibility that parents carry the dilute gene, if this is the case (They both don't show it, but they CAN carry it - with no back ground information I can not say for sure), you can also add Blue (boy and girl), Creme (boy) and Blue tortie (girl) to the lists. 

Hope this answers your question ^^

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

heifzilla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much.  I don't know if they carry the silver or the dilute, these are just cats that I saw on a breeder site as going to be having kittens and i was curious.  I'm just starting my search for a kitten and I'd like certain colors.   I've been trying to research color genetics, but there's a lot of info out there.  Do you have any good websites you can recommend?  Thanks so much for taking the time to answer :)

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thanks so much.  I don't know if they carry the silver or the dilute, these are just cats that I saw on a breeder site as going to be having kittens and i was curious.  I'm just starting my search for a kitten and I'd like certain colors.   I've been trying to research color genetics, but there's a lot of info out there.  Do you have any good websites you can recommend?  Thanks so much for taking the time to answer :)
They wear the silver for sure, as they both show it :) But you can carry it homozygote or heterozygote; homozygote meaning they only carry the silver and thus all their kittens will be silver, heterozygote meaning they carry the silver gene, but also a non-silver gene. In this case it's possible to have non-silver kittens. The silver with non-tabby makes the smoke. All kittens of this combination will be non-tabby, though red kittens will nearly always show a tabby pattern even if they are not.

This might be a bit difficult, but my prediction should be accurate. If there is any blue or creme kitten, the parents wear dilute. That's the only thing that's not in my list yet :) Some breeders do post the pedigrees of the parents on the internet. Did they post it? On there you can see if they wear dilute.

This website should be pretty good: http://www.fanciers.com/other-faqs/color-genetics.html Though, it might be difficult. If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I'm pretty familiar with how the genetics work and can surely answer most of your questions. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heifzilla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You were correct.  The queen had one kitten, a black with white :)