kitten on keyboard

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my kitten doom keeps insisting on sitting on my keyboard!!!!!! im contantly having to push him off it x10000000 a day and its starting to REALLY annoy me now cos it seems to be initing my other kitten to do it..i was on ebay the other day and left an auction i was lookin at  up and went out to make a coffee, i came back and i found doom had actually got on the keys it seems and i won it lmao!!!! ...i had to message  the seller and tell them i didnt actually want it n that my cat did it..lol much to the sellers amusement but thankfully they cancelled my " winning bid" for me lmao! 

does anyone have ANY suggestions to try and deter him?

zazzles my other kitten  keeps hiding my lighters too i bet they r in a big pile..along with my many pairs of only one sock!!!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:

eccentriccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most of my boys do this.  When I first got Dragon Age: Inquisition, one of my cats walked across the key board and showed me I needed to explore my character's inventory a little more.  
 I can't count the number of times my cats 'helped' me discover new keyboard shortcuts just by walking across the keyboard.  Of course, after removing them, I look at my screen and wonder what buttons they stepped on to get the shortcut.  

I had a calico who would walk across my keyboard.  All it took was to remove her enough times for her to get the picture that she wasn't allowed up there.  This tactic hasn't worked for my other cats, yet.  Though I suppose it doesn't help that I have a tendency to pay attention to my cats when they do walk across my desk.
 However, the moment they step on the keyboard, I remove them.  Some of them are starting to get the picture and have taken to stepping around the keyboard when they cross my desk.  

We also use a spray bottle full of just water to keep them off the counters (I'm not recommending using this around your computer).  We do this often enough that just showing them the spray bottle will cause them to remove themselves from the counter.  

Try pausing what you are doing on the computer, remove them and play with them for a bit, then get back to what you were doing.  Needless to say, every cat is different.  What works for one won't necessarily work for another or may take more time.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ty for your advice!..im learning not to leave ebay up now thats for sure lmao!....im removing doom every 5 sec but hes still doin it! n now hes inciting zazzles but he doesnt do it as often...guess i will have to just persist lol

fieldsweeper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Most of my boys do this.  When I first got Dragon Age: Inquisition, one of my cats walked across the key board and showed me I needed to explore my character's inventory a little more.  
 I can't count the number of times my cats 'helped' me discover new keyboard shortcuts just by walking across the keyboard.  Of course, after removing them, I look at my screen and wonder what buttons they stepped on to get the shortcut.  

I had a calico who would walk across my keyboard.  All it took was to remove her enough times for her to get the picture that she wasn't allowed up there.  This tactic hasn't worked for my other cats, yet.  Though I suppose it doesn't help that I have a tendency to pay attention to my cats when they do walk across my desk.
 However, the moment they step on the keyboard, I remove them.  Some of them are starting to get the picture and have taken to stepping around the keyboard when they cross my desk.  

We also use a spray bottle full of just water to keep them off the counters (I'm not recommending using this around your computer).  We do this often enough that just showing them the spray bottle will cause them to remove themselves from the counter.  

Try pausing what you are doing on the computer, remove them and play with them for a bit, then get back to what you were doing.  Needless to say, every cat is different.  What works for one won't necessarily work for another or may take more time.  
same with minecraft,   placed blocks I didn't want to haha