Kitten Not Eating Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Guys I'm in serious need of help. I have 3 bottle babies they are between 2 and 3 weeks old. They just started getting Ponazuril for coccidia yesterday, and its a 3 day thing. Today one of my boys stopped eating, his last time was 3pm. After I gave them their second dose of the medicine. His temperature is 96.4 and he still mews when you pick him up. They are in a pet carries with a heating pad and fluffy blanket. Is it common for them to have tummy issues on the meds? Do i have anything to worry about?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to eat. Do you have a needleless syringe you can use? One drop into the side of the mouth at a time. Let him swallow, and repeat. This may be a bit easier than a bottle right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been doing a 1ml syringe of milk and Pedialyte. Just got 4mls of pedialyte in him and 2mls of the formula mix I have. He perked up some but now he seems to be wobbly and every time he trys to walk he falls over

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not good. something seems to be wrong. I dont know if it has any connection with Ponazuril. May be something entirely else.

His wobbliness may be he is simply weak, and what he got isnt really enough.

Anyway, just to fight on with syringe feeding and pedialyte.

Good you have pedialyte, that is often the trick. Including in terminal situations where the digestion has stopped, and its no point with giving kmr as it will just rotten inside.
But glucose sugar in pedialyte goes straigh in, so this will buy some time...
Here, and in other, less desperate situations too.

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I gave him a good amount. He is going to the bathroom, Its just the runs. I'm going to let him sleep for about an hour or so and then try to get more Pedialyte down him. He did perk up after it. I just didn't want to stress jome out to bad. So going to let him sleep

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also hot some anyi gas for infants from walmart and gave him a little of that since his tummy looked and felt a little bloated. Gave him the hiccups. So hopefully that helps

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yes, some drop of simethicone for children may help if he has gasses.

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just checked on him. He is warm and still responds to touch. I'm gonna let him sleep a little more and then give him pedialyte. Since he seems to be doing better

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We lost this little guy. I was feeding him ever 2 hours bu syringe but he faded even after doing fks protocol

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So sorry to read this news. We'll close the thread now. You only had him a short while, but if you'd like to post a good-bye to your little one in our Crossing the Bridge forum, it's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.