Kitten Milk Advice

Azan Ahmed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been feeding my kittens skimmed milk mixed with 2 egg yolk and water for about a month. I live in Nepal. So, it is difficult to find Kitten milk. After searching for so many days I found this product called pet-o lac (All4pets Stage-2 Pet-O-Lac Supplement 250 Gm) in one of the pet store. I wanted to know if i can feed them this milk. They are 6 weeks old.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have doubts about the product because it's for both cats and dogs and isn't species specific, but if it's all you can find then it it what it is. At six weeks though their ready to start transitioning to a kitten slurry made up of what your feeding them now and wet food.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The Pet-O-Lac will be fine. You can mix the egg yolks into it too, but it should provide more vitamins and minerals than the skim milk.

As mentioned, the kittens should transition to wet and dry food soon. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You apparently managed with what you had, a sort of emergency solution but it worked thorough. :)

The PetoLac should work, but as the others said, they are in the age of transitiing them into normal cat food. Minced meat is good (common in Sweden as kitten first normal food) - but not of pork, unless well cooked. Boiled eggs, cheese, etc...

For next time. Can you get goats milk? Its always OK to give.
Buffalo milk is better than cow milk. We had forumists from India whom thrived on this.
You can probably try with sheeps milk.
Or raw milk from cows of old type - for example the traditional mountain species - such a cow milk is too less bad than processed milk from modern cows....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Azan Ahmed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Pet-O-Lac will be fine. You can mix the egg yolks into it too, but it should provide more vitamins and minerals than the skim milk.

Will changing their milk have any side effects?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could. Some kittens can experience either diarrhea or constipation with a diet change.

You could try mixing half skim and half petolac for a few feedings if you wish to ease the transition. Your kittens are one month so should be bothered less than tiny kittens.