Kitten meowing while I pet him

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a newly adopted kitty, he's with me for about 3 weeks...I noticed that Max is meowing while I pet him, he keeps on meowing right in front of face, on my nose and chin, then he would put his paws on my chin while meowing, what does it mean?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't give you an exact translation.
But he's basically saying "I love attention, more petting, now, now, now! PET ME!". Kittens are demanding and he just wants to make sure he has your complete undivided attention.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no clue other then your kitten is a "talker" - maybe he has a Siamese/Oriental background.

Our Ling talks all the time (I call it complaining, not talking). She complains to be picked up and petted, then 5 seconds later complains to be put down. No matter when you touch her body, she has something to complain about - she's a very weird cat.

Also we've had her since birth (one of our barn cat kittens) and has NEVER purred once - she's over 5 yrs old now!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Remember that cats do not meow at each other, only people, so she is "talking" to you. If she isn't running away from you, she is enjoying what your doing!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Remember that cats do not meow at each other, only people
Try to convince my cats of that. Cats in a closer relationships, such as being house cats, meow at each other a lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know what happened last morning? Max woke me up! He was meowing non-stop in front of my face! I don't what he wanted, Charlie was doing it too before but he stop now...

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MysteryCat

I have a newly adopted kitty, he's with me for about 3 weeks...I noticed that Max is meowing while I pet him, he keeps on meowing right in front of face, on my nose and chin, then he would put his paws on my chin while meowing, what does it mean?
I think he's saying, "I love it - keep it up!"

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Remember that cats do not meow at each other, only people, so she is "talking" to you. If she isn't running away from you, she is enjoying what your doing!
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Try to convince my cats of that. Cats in a closer relationships, such as being house cats, meow at each other a lot.
My cats also meow at one another in communication. They also trill, prrrt, peep, meep, brrrup and (Jennie the gutter mouth) hiss, growl and swear.

But yes, they do meow to each other.