Kitten Licking Me?

pawsby&meowkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am the proud cat mom of two lovable furballs: a little over a year old male tabby named murray and an about 10-week-old gray female shorthair named rooney. both are very cuddly cats and like to curl up with me on the couch and murray has slept with me in bed since he was a kitten (i expect rooney will, too, once she’s free to roam during the night; we just adopted her about two weeks ago so we’re taking things slow).

so, while both kitties are affectionate and murray has always been one to rub all over me and scent mark, rooney has a different quirk. usually i keep her on my chest or below when we’re cuddling (claws are sharp, right?) but sometimes she moves quickly up and starts licking my nose and especially my hair, if she is above me on the couch arm or whatever. my first guess is that this is her way of grooming me and showing she cares? Anyone else experience something similar with their kitties?

and for your enjoyment, here are the babies:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a new cat mom.:petcat:Murray and Rooney are beautiful. :catlove:

A friend of mine has a kitten, (well he's over a year old now so guess no longer a kitten) who loves to lick her face.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Concatulations on adding a new kitten to your furry family.

I have a licker and she is not my first. Grooming is one reason; another one is they love you.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four cats two of them lick my face. Starbuck has been a face groomer since she was adopted at 6 weeks old is now 12 years old. Sonny is around 8 years old and I adopted him in 2010. He has always been an affectionate cat but in the past two years has started licking my face. Sonny only licks my face and not my hubby's. He demands belly pets from hubby but rarely lets me pet his belly. Apollo likes to lick my hubby's elbow but does not really lick me. He is a daddy's kid. Casey does not lick either of us very often. He loves to get kisses though. He will gently head but you when he is sitting in your lap to ask for kisses. He loves to have his head kissed. I think face licking can also be a source of security for a young kitten too. Starbuck used to wake me up a lot as a baby by standing on face grooming me. She generally does not wake me up anymore but instead grooms me when I bring her to bed at night.