kitten keeps pooping in one area but didn't have problems using the litter box before

kitkat008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For her first week since rescue, my kitten Bella, has had no problems using the litter box. I was very elated with her instant adjustment to her new environment. But just a few days ago, she started pooping in one corner of the balcony. I wake up every morning to find poo in that specific area and sometimes near my door! I didnt make any changes when it came to the litter and its location. I've tried the vinegar(this worked on my late cat) as a cat repellant but it won't work on her. I have no problem with cleaning, its just that my housemates are starting to complain about the smell and it's what stresses me out. Does anybody know a natural and harmless cat repellant so she'd stop going to that particular place? (as I'm guessing a different brand of vinegar won't work! Lol!! )

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could add another litter box. Some cats prefer having separate boxes for #1 and #2. 

By the way, how often do you scoop the box? Another possibility is that your new kitten is very picky. So you might want to scoop more than once a day (plus your housemates will complain less)

Also, when was Bella's last check up? A sudden change in toilet behavior could be a sign of a health issue. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yayi yayi has given you some great advice. These articles may help too :- [article="32366"][/article][article="32341"][/article][article="32493"][/article]

4girls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try placing a dish of food where your cat is pooping. They don't want to poo by food. It worked for me.