Kitten Just Spayed, Tries To Open The Door (help Please)

Leoyna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, my Vet told me the surgery of my little girl went fine and sent her home with a medical strip ( sorry im not english i hope you get what i mean). Apparently cats are supposed to be tired, not eat etc after getting spayed.... well Nyx doesnt care. She jumps aound, and tries opening the door of the room we put her in ( she usally does that) and i dont know what to do anymore. I moved the handle so she cant open it, she still tries tho and im worried the stitches will rip open.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
You could always give your vet a call, but is it possible that you could just open the door? I'm not a vet but she sounds like she just really wants to be with you and the stress of her continued trying is probably worse than just letting her out. Thank you for being so caring about your baby!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not all cats react the same after being spayed. Try to stop her jumping or playing too much and dont let her pull the stitches out. Are you able to keep her in a large cage? Most vets pur in internal stitches as well as external.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leoyna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She does have internal stitches aswell but she would still bleed and i dont own a cage or sth similar. The problem is she tries even when i am in the room and other family members are outside ( she has bonded with me and my dad so now hes in my bedroom which seems to solve the problem for now.... in addition to beeing awkward) and behind the door theres stairs so she cant go there on her own yet. Additionally my room is probably the savest one for her atm. My vets currently closed until 9 am, else i would give him a call.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
oh my goodness. Well, hopefully she calms down as soon as possible so that the current situation doesn't last too much longer. Hang in there!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leoyna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to say the past days went fine and we found a solution is anyone has a similar problem, we just moved the big cave part of her cat tree before the door (set it on the lowest possible height and removed the rest, its a changeable one). Kept her from jumping against the door, she just jumps the 50 cm on top of the cave which is close enough for her to reach the handle without jumping, and since its heavy it stops her opening the door aswell.