Kitten Is Suddenly Very Scared And Lethargic?

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little kitten, Ivy had an encounter with a bigger cat (it looked well-fed, so it was probably an outdoor cat) a few hours ago. the cat had growled at her rather loudly, and maybe even attacked Ivy. However, I couldn't see any blood or signs of attack. Ivy hid in her bed and is sleeping since a few hours. I tried to make her play and took her out, but she only went back to sleep again.
This is very unusual behaviour for her, as she's usually very playful all time. Should I be worried?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She might have some injuries that aren’t visibly obvious (eg., sprains), that are making her feel bad. I would recommend taking her to the vet to get checked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took her to the food bowl, and she did eat her share, but returned back to her spot. I currently don't have a vet available. Any homemade things I can do to help her?

Attachments

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering little stuff like a vacuum cleaner can lead some cats to hide/sleep for most of the day, I'd say that worrying about a cat's behavior after a stressful event hour to hour is not productive. If the cat doesn't snap out of it by tomorrow, then I'd start to be concerned.

Of course, I don't mean to suggest that thoroughly checking for injury is a bad idea -- obviously that is common sense after an outdoor encounter.