Kitten Is Not Playing

SmillaBille

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Would you share your experience? so the kitten (about 10 weeks old) I am (hopefully soon) will bring home from the foster family seems to be a rather calm kitten. FF say, she is cuddly, likes to sleep, plays just a bit. Isn't it strange? I was under impression that kittens, if healthy, are generally full of energy. It seems unlike a kitten of 2 month to be calm and quite. What do you think? Oh, and maybe the history is important - she was found on the street 3 weeks ago, starving, underweight, worms. She had a prolapsed anus, which seemed to resolve on it's own when after 2 treatments the worms were gone. She has not had other health issues as far as I know, just, the quite behaviour... I visited her once, when I took her in my arms, she started purring, I think, it's a good sign :) But what about what seems to be the low energy?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
she was found on the street 3 weeks ago, starving, underweight,.
She hasn't recovered yet. Give her time, love, safety, and all the good wet food along with a little dry food that she can eat (a growing baby cat needs this anyway, 4-5 small meals of wet food a day, free feed kibble :) ) and you should begin to see her personality, and energy, emerge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SmillaBille

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Furballsmom :) She has been living in a foster family for 3 weeks now, among other cats, also kittens, and has been well for the past week. Well, she will probably be stressed when she will move in with us (and we have 2 young adult cats, whom we still have to introduce to her), let's hope, that she will become more active.. my worry is that she might have some kind of medical condition, I don't want to miss anything.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Be absolutely sure that your feline teenagers don't use her as a toy. She's not big enough or strong enough yet for rough handling or rough play. :lovecat:

Do you have your own vet? You could have them check her over :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby, do they know what happened? Was she not vaccinated? Was she around any other cats at all? I am so sorry for your loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SmillaBille

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor baby, do they know what happened? Was she not vaccinated? Was she around any other cats at all? I am so sorry for your loss.
she was in a shelter/foster family, yes, around other cats and kittens. As far as I was informed and saw from pictures, she was not in quarantine.. they also do not know, what happened. I have to say, the care is not very good here in Belgium. No, she was not vaccinated, she was underweight.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing. I am sorry, I didn't know care was so poor in Belgium. Thank you for trying to adopt her. Hopefully another one comes along into your life soon.