Kitten Is Constantly Purring

spookysmom234

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten Salem never stops purring. Is this something to be concerned about? She's about three months now
Also is it ok for her to eat dry food?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats just like to purr :) If your cat is otherwise happy and healthy and doing normal cat things, don't worry about it.

Dry food... no matter where you go on the Internet there is always a dry food vs canned food debate that is a hot topic. Here on TCS most members encourge feeding only canned food for reasons such as a more natural diet, high water content that helps keep a cat well hydrated, etc. Catinfo.org is a good web site to go int more details about proper cat nutrition and dry food vs canned food.

There are members who feed some dry food in addition to mostly canned food. There are also members who feed only dry food but choose the best quality food available instead of the really cheap brands that are full of indigestible fillers and junk.

How old is your kitten? Kittens under a year old should be fed dry and canned just so they know what the different types of foods are and to get plenty of nutrition.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spookysmom234

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats just like to purr :) If your cat is otherwise happy and healthy and doing normal cat things, don't worry about it.

Dry food... no matter where you go on the Internet there is always a dry food vs canned food debate that is a hot topic. Here on TCS most members encourge feeding only canned food for reasons such as a more natural diet, high water content that helps keep a cat well hydrated, etc. Catinfo.org is a good web site to go int more details about proper cat nutrition and dry food vs canned food.

There are members who feed some dry food in addition to mostly canned food. There are also members who feed only dry food but choose the best quality food available instead of the really cheap brands that are full of indigestible fillers and junk.

How old is your kitten? Kittens under a year old should be fed dry and canned just so they know what the different types of foods are and to get plenty of nutrition.
She's about three months now. We had her on wet for a little while and now on dry. Just making sure that's alright.
And yes, she's still running around at the speed of light and doing normal kitten things! I've just never encountered a cat that always purred! She's a purring machine and it's lovely, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't health related. Thank you :)

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above user! Dry and wet food both are great for a growing kitten :)
Adorable to hear about Salem, your personal purring machine.
Since she purrs so much, maybe you'd be interested to know that a cat's purr is so high in pitch that it heals damaged cells.
It's also incredibly therapeutic for humans :)