Kitten introduction. Please help!

leon-wesker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two 5 month old male tabby males. Yesterday we took in another cat (female tortie) and we want them all to get along. We have a two bedroom apartment where they each have their own room but I don't want to let her roam free until my two boys can stop hissing and growling at her. Also, I want to be able to put them all in the same room overnight. (Since our cats destroy our blinds they sleep in my room when we sleep and when I'm away) I hate that she has to stay in her own room but I can't trust my boys yet with her even if she can hold her own. Any suggestions about how to go about this? I really need help.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS.

It is always best to keep a new cat separated from resident cats for a bit. Has she been vet checked yet? This is always recommended as the first thing to do before allowing a new cat to mingle with the others. Are the males neutered? Is she spayed?  Once she is  vet checked and no health issues are found,  and if they are spayed and neutered, you can start introductions. Do slow introductions. This article http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats can help. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leon-wesker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The female has been spayed and had all her shots. She came from a humane society and I have her papers and my boys are all neutered and updated on their shots. She's 4.5 months old and they are 5 months old so far they're all still hissing at each other but their are a few good signs where they'll sniff but if one hisses they all hiss.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The female has been spayed and had all her shots. She came from a humane society and I have her papers and my boys are all neutered and updated on their shots. She's 4.5 months old and they are 5 months old so far they're all still hissing at each other but their are a few good signs where they'll sniff but if one hisses they all hiss.
This is great! (That they are all fixed and UTD on their shots) This means you can use the steps in the article I linked and get started on their introductions. Use A LOT of scent swapping. Use towels with all their scents combined under their food dishes. Groom all of them with the same brush. Do room swapping too, letting her out and putting them in her room for a bit. Go slow.  Since they are all so young yet, hopefully it won't take too long, but take one step at a time, and watch their signals for when to move to the next step, ie supervised  meeting face to face.

Good luck and keep us posted.