Kitten In Hunting Mode!

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Every morning, I play this game with my kitten after breakfast. She lays on the bed & flattens her body in hunting mode, while I play peek-a-boo with her favourite cuddly bear. She will eventually pounce at the bear & she's so quick it always gives me a fright.

This morning, I tried a few shots of her. She didn't flatten her ears as much this time, but it was it was fun & I'm pleased that I managed the one handed shot.

No photographers or kittens were hurt taking this image, but the cuddly bear has seen better days!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A great photo if you'd used two hands never mind one! You must use it again when the time is right, maybe a future photo contest if the theme fits the photo.
I'm also always surprised how quick they can be when they want to. My big lump Oliver is fairly slow normally but he can swat something at light speed if he wants to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your nice comments. I have noticed that immediately before a pounce, her pupils will fully dilate. She then pounces far quicker than I can even think of reacting. :)