Kitten Head Trauma

sh0z

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I've had a kitten living in my backyard for about a month now and she doesn't seem to have any health issues at the time. Recently she was attacked by a couple of kids in my backyard and when I came for her she was all beat up, eye swollen shut and seem to have trouble walking(sometimes running in circles).. the first day she wasn't able to walk or open her eyes, could barely drink.. I thought she was a goner for sure, however she's gotten better the next day wheres she's able to move but she keeps falling on her side. She eats and drinks alright and is able to groom herself but she still can't walk like shes used to and goes in circles sometimes, she seems to be confused most of the time as well. We're on the Fourth day and this time she's had 2 seizures for the first time which got me worried, is she just slowly dying as time goes by? I'm not sure what's happening or what do do, I guess I just need some assurance, there's no vets where I live so I can't take her anywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sh0z

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Where are you?
She is in a bad way, she needs help, the seizures happening after a couple of days are not a good sign.
Can you call someone?

AAFP | American Association of Feline Practitioners

Reporting Animal Cruelty

Pet Care Resources

Nextdoor . Com
I'm in the middle of nowhere in the middle east, I've looked around the city and searched on google, asked a couple of friends if there's any vets in the city but there isn't. She's literally had another seizure while I was typing this, that's 3 times in the span of 40-50 minutes.

I can't even get her euthanized, she seems to be struggling a lot, I really thought she was going to get better as time goes by and she did show some signs of improvement but I guess she needs medical attention otherwise she won't make it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where are you located? Maybe there are some members on this site that live reasonably close to you that could suggest some options. Farm animal doctors, wildlife animal rescue centers?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The OP is in the Middle East - I think you were typing at the same time.

I don't know how to assist, I don't have any contacts over there...let me contact the TCS staff, maybe someone will know more...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sh0z

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where are you located? Maybe there are some members on this site that live reasonably close to you that could suggest some options. Farm animal doctors, wildlife animal rescue centers?
I live in Saudi Arabia, close to najran city, it's basically a desert where I live. I think the cat would die soon. She's been having nom stop seizures for the past 2 hours.

I appreciate everyone trying to help.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for trying to help the poor little thing, if there is now way to get the cat help there is not a lot you can do. Be with the little one and try to comfort it. If the poor little thing doesn't make it I hope you can help provide a dignified burial. It is heartbreaking to have a life take so senselessly. Do you know the parents of these kids? if so tell them what they did and pray that their parents put a stop to this kind of behaviour. Prayers for the little one

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is any comfort to you, I've been told by people who have seizures that they are not in pain, but experiencing being in a different place seeing other people. You might want to wrap the kitten so that it isn't jerking it's legs or neck and just be with it. Those I spoke to said they did appreciate it when some one stayed close to them during the seizures, it's a connection.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it is any comfort to you, I've been told by people who have seizures that they are not in pain, but experiencing being in a different place seeing other people. You might want to wrap the kitten so that it isn't jerking it's legs or neck and just be with it. Those I spoke to said they did appreciate it when some one stayed close to them during the seizures, it's a connection.
:vibes::grouphug:

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Captur1e.JPG

When i googled vets in your area 4 locations came up i guess they are pharmacys , maybe call the pharmacy and ask if there are vets nearby ?