Kitten Hates Tiki After Dark

gethane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed she wasn't eating as much of her Natural Balance kitten wet and so ordered some Tiki after dark. Won't touch it. I've offered it multiple times. She'll still eat "some" of the Natural Balance kitten wet but I think she's basically addicted to her kibble. What to try next? She's also teething, though, so maybe it's just that? She's 3.5 months old.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast Classic (not grill or gravy.). These formulations are more species-appropriate than many of the boutique cans, the grain-frees, and the limited ingredient diets. Plus there’s something in them that even my nauseated pancreatitis kitty still comes in for a few bites.

Better to eat at McDonald’s than starve at Whole Foods.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:hithere: I had a 5 month old kitten who was quickly becoming addicted to her Purina One Kitten Chow and was eating that in lieu of her wet food because I was free-feeding her. What kibble is she eating and do you know how much? One thing that worked with Mizu was to cut her kibble amount to 1/2 cup a day. I also started feeding her meals rather than have it available all the time. Your kitten is young so I'm only suggesting this for the future. I kept the kibble feedings timed far away from the wet meals so that she would have her best appetite for the wet food. In time, I reduced it to 1/3 cup which she shares with Raja. I also changed the kibble to Tiki fish and chicken which is higher in protein so they don't need to each much to feel satisfied. Have you tried any food toppers? Mizu loves bonita flakes. She reminds me of this daily :wink:

Perhaps your kitty doesn't like the texture from Tiki? I know ff makes kitten specific food along with Halo in pate form but any wet food for all life stages is appropriate. Good luck!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can be really picky about food:rolleyes: If she won't eat Tiki Cat no matter what you try, then just don't feed it :dunno: You can return the unopened cans to wherever you bought them from. Or donate to a local animal shelter or to someone who has less finicky cats.

While Tiki Cat is a good brand, it's not the only brand out there. Try other brands of food for your kitten. Make a list of brands you have bought and whether your kitten will eat it or not.

Wellness makes a kitten canned food. So does Nature's Variety and many other brands. You can also feed "all life stages" food. Read the teeny tiny print on the label for the AAFCO statement.