Kitten Has Brain Damage?

Dunbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 week old kitten Dunbar is hurt. My boyfriend accidentally stepped on his head and he spazzed out then cougged up blood. I made sure he could breathe and he is doing that just fine on his own. But he is completely unresponsive. We have googled everything. We think he has brain damage, i would go to the vet but i have no money what so ever. Can someone help me??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dunbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the aspca? He is moving his limbs some and he just peed a little. But his breathing is still good.

Dunbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You need to take him to the ASPCA.
I cant take him anywhere and if they can help me great. But i will not leave him there. I do take great care of all of my cats. This was just an accident. :/ i just need him better.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs medical attention. He may be suffering. If you can't get him the medical help he needs, the kindest thing you could do would be to take him to a no kill shelter where they can help him. I know it is difficult but it is not fair to him to leave him in pain. Maybe they will work with you to get him back once he has healed.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A vet is probably the only one that could help with this sort of injury. That is my worst nightmare, that someone might step on my cats' neck or head. That's why I ask everybody to not take big steps when they walk in the house, to kind of shuffle their feet.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant take him anywhere and if they can help me great. But i will not leave him there. I do take great care of all of my cats. This was just an accident. :/ i just need him better.
Some have low cost of sliding cost clinics. How is he doing. I wasn't being mean or implying you took poor care of your kit.

Dunbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have gone everywhere and no one can help us unless we have money. Or they simply just cant help. Hea still breathing fine on his own and i have ben giving him water helping him swallow and some milk. Ive been helping him pee. He hasnt pood yet tho. My boyfriend wants us to try and keep him alive and he might come out of it. He really loves this kitten. He can move his boy some but still cannot see, hear or meow.. Pupils still dialated. I just wish i had the money to help him.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a shame. What country are you in, if you don't mind me asking.

Dunbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Texas. Yantis texas to be exact. I dont understand why the world is so controlled by money. Why cant someone just help him?

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds horrible. If he were mine I would make sure he is not suffering anymore. It really doesn't sound good. Wouldn't you rather give him over to someone who can make sure he isn't hurting any longer? It seems like that would be better than the possibility that he is in a lot of pain. The animal shelter will not take him? The humane society?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are out in the boonies where there probably aren't a lot of shelters (or no shelters with ample funds). You could try calling shelters closer to Dallas, maybe Mesquite or Garland may be big enough to have a Humane Society with good funding who could help.

Would you be able to get him to Dallas if a Humane Society or even a private vet clinic offered to help him for free? If you can get him there, I would start calling around. Go where the money is. Maybe a GoFundMe?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Texas. Yantis texas to be exact. I dont understand why the world is so controlled by money. Why cant someone just help him?
Because all the things your kitten needs cost money.
So you have to make the decision here what is best for that baby. There is a chance he will recover on his own depending on the damage. But if you can't get a diagnosis and you see no improvements in a very short time you need to find a way to stop his suffering.
What you need to do right now is flag your post and when the box comes up ask for advisors many of them are from all over and might be able to direct you to a resource you haven't heard of.

Dunbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dunbar is doing much better yall! He has pooped and is breathing better than ever. He has meowed a few times and i made some liquid food for him and he is loving it. I think im a few weeks maybe a few days he will be much better! He is trying his beat to survive this!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Dunbar is doing much better yall! He has pooped and is breathing better than ever. He has meowed a few times and i made some liquid food for him and he is loving it. I think im a few weeks maybe a few days he will be much better! He is trying his beat to survive this!
Small kittens have amazing recuperative powers because they are growing so fast. I know you are doing the best you can it would still be best if he seen a vet but real life is often far from perfect. Please keep us updated.

Dunbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He cant walk. Im feeding him every 3 hours. Ive blended milk and wet kitten food into a liquid and feed that to him. He seems to really like it, he starts biting the straw like hes eating hard food. Ive set up a go fund me thing. Problem is i dont know if anyone would help me. Is gofundme.com/dunbar-the-kitten