Kitten Grooming

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,

hope this isn't a silly question but I've never owned a kitten before! I've had Antonio for almost a week now, and have noticed that he never really grooms himself? I've seen him lick his paws and thats about it really. So my question is - how old are kittens when they start grooming themselves? It's not that much of a problem except he tends to have a messy behind. I've been cleaning it myself with cat grooming wipes that I got from pets at home, but am wondering if this will only encourage him not to clean himself as he knows that I will do it for him.

All advice will be appreciated - thanks! :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! So the wipes are like Earthbath no fragrance hypo allergenic green tea pet wipes?

At about four weeks, he may start cleaning his face and belly as well, and by about six to eight weeks your kitten will have advanced to a whole-body groom :thumbsup: :cloud9:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Concatulations on adopting a new kitty.

The first thing to know you still do not own a cat You are a cat's mommy or daddy. There really is no such thing as owning a cat because they are like kids to us.

Cats are naturally silly animals, so no questions about them are too silly here.

How old is Antonio? Do you know his history before joining your family?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Concatulations on adopting a new kitty.

The first thing to know you still do not own a cat You are a cat's mommy or daddy. There really is no such thing as owning a cat because they are like kids to us.

Cats are naturally silly animals, so no questions about them are too silly here.

How old is Antonio? Do you know his history before joining your family?
Ahaha I feel like I just got told off! :lol:
He's 14 weeks now, and which parts of his history are you interested in, I can try and find out?