Kitten goes crazy when I come home. What's the reason?

mother of two

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so my situation is very complicated but I'll try to explain.

I lost my house like a year and a half ago and since then I've been living with friends and what not. Any way this means myself and my cats are confined in one room because my friend has dogs that would eat them. My 9 year old fisher is fine he's a very good boy. Not too long ago we found a kitten under the hood of the car and we took him in washed him and soon going to take him to the vet to see exactly how old he is I'm assuming he's about 6 or 7 weeks. Getting to the point, I have classes 11 to 3 and sometimes a little longer. When I return home he is crazy. Like, jumping all over the place climbing what ever he can and doing back flips. Not to mention when ever i go to pet him he plays quite rough with my hand. After about 2 hours or so he stops and passes out. He only does it when i come home, if I'm home all day he doesn't do it. What I'm wondering if this is strange or just normal kitten behavior.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Normal kitten behavior. I know money is probably tight but if you get him a wand toy that should help wear him out. Make sure to direct him to the toy when he tries playing with your hand because you don't want him to get used to biting you.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with what has been said.  Plying rough with your hand should not be tolerated under any circumstances.  Since you are confined to one room you are a bit more limited than some in what you could do (ignoring a kitten is hard when you are still in the same room, and one thing I'd usually suggest is ignoring for at least 5 minutes after he does it).  Another good idea as mentioned above is the wand toys.  I really hope you have not been letting him play rough with your hand- it is a hard hard habit to break if they're allowed to get into it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mother of two

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much. (: i don't let him play rough with my hand he does it sometime and I tell him no and take my hand away. But I will get him a wand toy and hopefully it will tire him out. (: