Kitten Glop

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to find an easy recipe for kitten glop. I want to try and encourage my cat who has CHF to eat and hopefully gain some weight. I have seen many members here suggest kitten glop to help entice eating, but there are so many recipes, I'm not sure which to try.
My cat is older so I do want to try to find goats milk to make it, and I'm also hoping to find one that is low sodium. Any suggestions or recipes you have tried would be great. Thanks a bunch!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you recommend I use the 3.8%, 2% or 1% goat milk? The least processed the better, I assume, but would the 3.8% be too much?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you need the full fat version, so the 3.8 percent.
Have you tried probiotics, like Tummyworks?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I have not tried probiotics, I have thought about it, when he's eating better. I know that probiotics help with tummy issues but it's getting him to eat in the first place that I'm having a hard time with. He doesn't have tummy issues per say, when he eats he poops fine and never throws up, it's that he has CHF and when he's feeling unwell due to his heart and fluid retention he does not want to eat. We just had his chest drained yesterday, so I know he's still recovering, but I thought that kitten glop would have more "umph" in the calorie department if he only eats a small amount at a time, or I could add it to a bit of his food to entice him as he does love milk. I assume kitten glop has a milk "ish" taste and smell?

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jem Jem
Could you add some KMR to his food?

Addition of powdered KMR could add calories and nutrients to whatever he is eating without adding a lot of extra volume.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, so I got all my ingredients, except for the pedialyte. They didn't have any unflavored at the store. The thing is, considering that I do want to make this a lower sodium glop, using just water should be OK right? I could also crush some of his potassium supplement into it, as I'm still trying to figure out how to give it to him without causing upset stomach. What do you think?