Kitten Gate Recommendation?

James W

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Despite my searching, I haven’t found a good pet gate for kittens to settle on. I’ll be bringing home a 10-week old tortie in a few days, and I’d like to block the passage into my small kitchen. At first she’ll be in my bedroom as the safe room. But I’d like to let her explore more soon after.

Secondary and not absolutely essential, but I also looked at this super wide gate for blocking off an area that I’m still “kittenproofing”. But I don’t know if she’ll slip through the bars:

Richell 3-in-1 Convertible Elite Pet Gate, 6-Panel

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your new tortie kitten @jamescalifornia, that's exciting. :goodluck: Our Neely, in my avatar, was a torbie so be prepared for a lot of tortitude but also an extremely intelligent and lovable little girl. Regarding a good gate for her - we used baby gates for both our dog and cats. I don't know if this would work for you but it worked extremely well for us. Please post lots of pics when you bring your kitten home, any ideas about her name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

James W

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your new tortie kitten @jamescalifornia, that's exciting. :goodluck: Our Neely, in my avatar, was a torbie so be prepared for a lot of tortitude but also an extremely intelligent and lovable little girl. Regarding a good gate for her - we used baby gates for both our dog and cats. I don't know if this would work for you but it worked extremely well for us. Please post lots of pics when you bring your kitten home, any ideas about her name?
She seems to be very agile and the smart one in her litter at the moment. :) For a brief moment, I wondered what name would work. But one immediately came to mind and I the choice I made will be her name once she’s at my home. My friend who has the litter and mama cat knows what her new name is and is calling her by that. But I’ll let everyone else know once she’s in my humble abode :)

Could you tell me what brand of baby gate you got? I’m going to see if I can find it locally or on Amazon to get it soon.

Best,
James

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Could you tell me what brand of baby gate you got? I’m going to see if I can find it locally or on Amazon to get it soon.
I had to smile when you asked me what brand of baby gate I had since my kids are now grown and out of the house. I honestly can't remember the brand plus I'm sure the new ones are quite different but I looked up a few that are very similar for you.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/North-States-Heavy-Duty-Stairway-Baby-Gate-26-41/4380096
https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=130505766