Kitten Found In Busy Intersection

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_3979.JPG
My 17 year old daughter had her first solo rescue this past Thursday. She was on her way to work and was stopped at a light waiting to turn left in a busy intersection. She saw something small in the road and feared it was another casualty of kitten season... then she saw head movement. The light turned green and she had to go. She was on her way to work but turned around as quickly as possible and parked and got out of her car... left it running and went for the kitten. It dashed toward the side of the road before she could pick it up. Somehow she was able to get cars to stop and she was able to grab the baby! I got a call 5 min later to come get the kitten from her as she was sitting in the parking lot of the restaurant she works in & was already late!

We are already a multi pet household with both dogs and cats. 5 dogs and 4 cats. My cats are 14 yrs, 2 are 10 yrs and 9 yrs old. I lost my sweet Sophie in August due to cancer; was NOT planning on adding to my pet population at this time. My oldest daughter is 20 who is still living at home while finishing her undergrad degree and I also have a 7 year old son. Needless to say we are a busy household and space is a commodity.

Stopped by my vet before coming home, luckily the kitten didn't suffer any injuries was just very frightened, breathing fast and panting. He also had fleas, no big infestation, just a few and kitty looked very healthy. He weighed 1.57 lbs and I'm guessing 6-7 weeks old. He's eating well and has blossomed in the last 48 hrs... playing and purring, coming out of his crate to see us and wanting to be near and not just hiding. Pee & poop are great and he will go back to the vet for vaccinations on Tuesday.

I would really love this baby to have a home of his own but... kittens are everywhere and I was formally in the rescue world for 5 yrs with our Humane Society and wouldn't even feel right taking a potential home from any of those babies that everyone is trying so hard to save. I guess we have a new member of our family. :dizzy:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's how I have accumulated all of my cats through the years. They somehow find me and I keep them.

He sounds like he got deliberately dumped by the side of a busy road. :(

I have a 20-year-old daughter in college too!

Welcome, little guy! Have you thought of a name yet? :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LotsOfFur

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking he was dumped also... Kills me! I feel very fortunate that he is so healthy with clean ears, eyes and nose. *keeping fingers crossed

Names are a funny thing in our house, hard for everyone to agree. When I was in the trenches of rescue and fostering and having to give names to all of them you sometimes run out of ideas... We did find a name that we thought we could agree upon; we'll see if it sticks.

Berry, like a little blueberry :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LotsOfFur

Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... Indy is beautiful! Between us we have 3 look-a-likes :winkcat:

My Lil'Puff is also a silver tabby too!
IMG_0291.JPG