Kitten Food Or Adult Food?

Simonalm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! My little baby is just a little over 12 weeks old now and I have a question about his food.

He eats canned food at least 3x a day, we rotate through a few different high end brands bc he is quite picky after a day of the same food and spoiled might I add. I started him on natures variety instinct canned kitten food, he grew sick of that quickly so we switch between that one, Weruva, I and love and you, and tiki cat food. NOT all in the same day of course, we just rotate his food daily.

He also gets free fed Natures Variety kitten dry food which he really seems to enjoy. I understand that kittens should be kept on kitten food until they are about a year old and that it should be high in protein. While I was repurchasing his kitten food I noticed they have Natures Variety ultimate protein cat food with 95% of protein from chicken and no animal meal. His kitten food is 81% "real animal ingredients" with chicken and other animal meals.

My question is would it be okay to feed him that instead of the kitten food? I'm a first time cat owner so if this is a terrible idea please let me know.

Thanks everyone!
IMG_3087.JPG

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she was asking about this food: Instinct® Ultimate Protein® Grain-Free Cage-Free Chicken Recipe | Instinct Pet Food
I would not feed this to a kitten that young because it is not formulated for all life stages. I did switch my cats to adult food when they were around eight months because they started to gain too much weight on the kitten food.
I am really impressed with your food choices by the way, especially since it is your first cat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NV has kitten food now in both dry and canned formulas.

Instinct® Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken for Kittens | Instinct Pet Food
Instinct® Real Chicken Recipe for Kittens | Instinct Pet Food

The Ultimate Protein dry food is only for adult maintenance. I would not feed this exlusively to a growing kitten. A few pieces as a treat is fine though.

You can feed your kitten "all life stages" canned foods that are 95% or higher in protein, such as Rawz and Hounds and Gatos. Rotate these in with the kitten foods to give your kitten plenty of variety.