Kitten flu

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys please help,

I am taking to the vet, I took momma cat out on a walk with a harness and lead, I think she’s passed cat flu to her kittens, the kittens are due to leave for forever homes, I’m not financially stable to keep 4 cats, I’m 24 and never raised kittens and momma got pregnant by accident, me and my partner Noticed black bogeys on the kittens but her mom gets that and so does my grandmas cat so I didn’t know this was related to a flu, anyway, one of the kittens went to a home yesterday, we sat for an hour and half with the new owners chatting away and everything was fine, we received a text this morning at 3am saying the kittens eye seems to have an infection and she thinks it’s cat flu, i have offered to pay for any treatment she needs but I just feel awful as if it is kitten flu, I haven’t realised because the kittens are constantly flying about, playing, eating fine and drinking fine and slept as normal as any kitten sleeps but I feel like I’ve messed up, they haven’t had vaccinations as I wanted to leave that to the new owners. I just want a little reassurance as I feel like I’ve let myself down as I was SO proud of my kittens development. Any one else gone through something similar?

I also want to mention that I spoke to an online vet… I’ve posted the screenshot and she told me to give my other kitten manuka honey as it’s a natural antibiotic and there’s not much a vet will do for flu, 1 is this true? And also, is there any other home remedies for the other kitten I can use in the meantime??

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I think you'd be best to wait until a vet has a chance to do wellness checks on the kittens, then you'll know for sure what the situation is. Hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
I think you'd be best to wait until a vet has a chance to do wellness checks on the kittens, then you'll know for sure what the situation is. Hang in there!
The new owners will be taking the kitten to the vet but I said I’d pay the vet bill as giving a poorly kitty is far from my intention, but I have that kittens sister and I am assuming the kitten I’ve got has it too as I’ve noticed she’s been sneezing and has weepy eyes today too, she’s a menace though and is jumping everywhere and there’s no fatigue or anything but I’m just worried especially as I currently have £130 in my bank and that’s to last me a month so the last of my money will be going on the kitten with the new owners😓 I’m unsure if this makes sense x