Kitten Flu...Yuck!

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm this is the 2nd night I've been up with Tinky and now Tyson. They both have very upset tummys and I'm thinking it's kitty flu...I heard that pets can get that. Is that true? and Is there something I can do for them?...I feel hopeless, Tinky curls right up to me and gets up only to run to the litter box then back on my lap, he's also starting to throw up again...even on the carpet once
I think it's going to be a long night...

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of a "kitty flu". Not saying it doesn't exist, but.....
are you sure they haven't gotten into something, or has something changed?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes they can get kitten flu so they need to see the vet straight away just incase!.

Have they not been checked over by a vet since you brought them home?.

I'll move this to the health forum, but please contact your vet

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Yes they can get kitten flu so they need to see the vet straight away just incase!.

Have they not been checked over by a vet since you brought them home?.

I'll move this to the health forum, but please contact your vet

Yes, do get them to the vets today, as they have upset tummys, they can become dehydrated!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Sleeves and all of his brothers and sisters had cat flu before I got him. Really need to see the vet, it can be life threatening if left, 2 of his brothers died

Tinky and Tyson will be fine as long as they get checked out

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also think our kitties could be getting sick because I started introducing them to some Natural Balance food. I heard this food is very rich. I am going to go to the store tonight and get another bag of Purina One Kitten. They never seemed to have a problem with this food, so I'll change them back to what was working and see if it helps.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can cats catch the flu from humans? Me and my sister were both sick with the flu this past week and a couple of the kitties had some diarrhea and loose stool, and my dog puked once (could have just been indigestion though). One cat puked too, but that was a hairball.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to say that cat flu (or kitty flu as you put it) is an upper respiratory tract infection with sneezing, runny eyes, blocked nose, coughing etc. What you're describing with your kittens is not cat flu but a stomach or bowel upset.