Kitten fell from about a two foot drop, should I be worried?

md.as06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm fostering 2 orphaned 3 week old kitties and one of them fell from a near 2-foot bed. She landed pretty hard and meowed loudly on impact, I could see she landed directly on her side. I picked her up to comfort her and she was extremely quiet, and less active. She is normally a super noisy baby who cries anytime she even sees you and thinks it's dinnertime, but now she is just quietly laying in her nest staring at me. She did latch, cried when I helped her go potty, and snuggled/wrestled with her brother a bit, but she seems almost dazed and unsteady. She's walking around some more but still less active than usual
They both have a vet check up in the morning so that will be addressed then, but do I need to be worried for the moment?? Maybe it's just the shock and she's still scared?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

md.as06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I apologize if the format or place is wrong to ask this, I'm new here :')

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she any more active yet? She may have hit her head and is dazed and scared. Does she walk normal when she does? If she is still unsteady after a hour or so, I would have a vet look at her. Are her eye pupils the same size and reactive to light? If not get her in. Usually as long as a kitten is eating/using the litterbox and recovers in a few hours, everything is OK. A quiet kitten is not normal, so observe her closely for now. Please keep us updtaed!

md.as06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just checked on her again, she's still a bit shaky, a little quieter and a little less active than usual, but more so than earlier. Her pupils are looking perfectly fine and she's too young to be on a litter box yet, but she used the bathroom just fine and ate as well :) It seems like she's doing okay for now!

md.as06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is she any more active yet? She may have hit her head and is dazed and scared. Does she walk normal when she does? If she is still unsteady after a hour or so, I would have a vet look at her. Are her eye pupils the same size and reactive to light? If not get her in. Usually as long as a kitten is eating/using the litterbox and recovers in a few hours, everything is OK. A quiet kitten is not normal, so observe her closely for now. Please keep us updtaed!
I just checked on her again, she's still a bit shaky, a little quieter and a little less active than usual, but more so than earlier. Her pupils are looking perfectly fine and she's too young to be on a litter box yet, but she used the bathroom just fine and ate as well :) It seems like she's doing okay for now!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as she gets a little better as time goes by just keep watching her! Eating and going the bathroom are good signs! A hurting cat won’t eat…..

Mptom72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with what di and bob said. Just shaken with the fall so now cautious perhaps. Young ones don’t get damaged too much with such falls because their cranium isn’t as fixed as ours. Applies to human babies too. Anyways wishing you plenty of exciting days with the naughty ones!!! I like them naughty and natural