Kitten Eyes

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're trying to get a more accurate age for our three little babies that live under our porch. I believe all kittens have blue eyes when they are born. Does anyone know at what age they change? I noticed last night that their eyes are no longer blue, at least in 2 of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Dawn. I'll have to try and get closer to other baby and see if her eyes have changed. They still look pretty light from a distance but maybe she's going to have light eyes. I had a good idea that they were at least 8 weeks old.

miss whitney

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Smokey was about 8 weeks when his eyes started changing. I have pictures of him at 8 weeks and they have a little bit of blue in them. His eyes are green in the center and gold around the outside. Most of the pictures now are gold looking because we don't have a camera that will take the right color. I should say we don't know how to take a picture with the light at the correct angle.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gemini; You've already heard this, but, yes, 8wks. is when the eye color changes. Miss Whitney; getting the eye color correctly in photographs usually has to do with shutter speed (how much light is let into the lense) as well as light angle. You just have to experiment a little and I'll bet you'll be able to get some lovely pictures of Smokey to share with us. Also, Gemini, GOOD LUCK with your little feral babies; your PORCH PURRERS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
threeleggedkat, I like how you referred to our family of kitties..."PORCH PURRERS". That's cute. We're even starting to refer to them as our porch purrers now.