Kitten Drank Soapy Water

Holtby70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello there, my kitten drank soapy water from a bowl that was soaking. The dishwater has no toxic chemicals according to the label, however it has Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice. Is this toxic to my kitten? Please respond soon, thank you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Although much is written about the dangers of aloe for cats, the problem is in the hard outer part of the leaf, which contains latex. The inner part of the aloe, the juice, is NOT toxic to them. She should be fine, but, as always when a cat ingests something like that, watch her very carefully. If her behavior changes, if she vomits or has diarrhea, if she become lethargic, take her in to the vet IMMEDIATELY.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would add one more thing to look for as far as an adverse reaction and that is drooling. Same as the vomiting or diarrhea, contact your vet immediately. It also couldn’t hurt to call your vet and ask their opinion about what she drank.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Holtby70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Although much is written about the dangers of aloe for cats, the problem is in the hard outer part of the leaf, which contains latex. The inner part of the aloe, the juice, is NOT toxic to them. She should be fine, but, as always when a cat ingests something like that, watch her very carefully. If her behavior changes, if she vomits or has diarrhea, if she become lethargic, take her in to the vet IMMEDIATELY.
She’s beinglethargic right now but she just got distemper and fle shots. Also she has discharge. Is this normal for shots, or is it cause of the soapy water

Holtby70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s beinglethargic right now but she just got distemper and fle shots. Also she has discharge. Is this normal for shots, or is it cause of the soapy water
Sorry not flee shots distemper shots and rabies shots

Holtby70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I would call the vet and ask. Usually there isn’t any discharge after a rabies or distemper shot.
I’m actually at the vet right now. They said the discharge is not normal but could be from allergies from going outside.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your kitten? Is a third kitten? I know you gave a kitten back to the shelter.

Is she spayed?

Holtby70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is your kitten? Is a third kitten? I know you gave a kitten back to the shelter.

Is she spayed?
She’s 4 months. The other two we had we got from the shelter who were feral and apparently they had aids.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about the other kittens. FIV isn't at all a death sentence for cats, but I can understand how that situation was more than you expected.

Where did you get this kitten? Is she spayed?

Holtby70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is happening with this baby, please?
Sorry, she’s healthy. Our vet gave her some sort of pain reliever and she was fine the next day. I think she had a reaction to the rabies vaccine and it was just a very odd coincidence it happen on the same day she drank the water

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Excellent. I'm so happy to hear that! I think you are probably right. Reactions to vaccines are fairly common.