Kitten diarrhea

Cindyozzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 6 month old kitten has had terrible diarrhea for a couple weeks. It started when I changed her food. After 10 days of trying different foods I went back to her original food, but there is no difference ( I only switched because she didnt like her old food anymore) .I have used pumpkin, forti flora probiotics, one dose of diagel, and she has been on liquid Metronidazole for 2 days (since sunday night). She doesnt have worms, she was dewormed in the past with 5 days of panicur and droncit. The vet recently gave her drontal just in case. I don't know what to do next, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
It kinda sounds like you might be overloading her system.
She's had a couple medications, plus what sounds like several food changes within just a little over a week.

I would simplify.
First try plain chicken for a couple days. Baby food is a good option, as long as there is no garlic or onion in the ingredients.
Then, find a good plain chicken based wet food. Read the ingredients, chicken should be mentioned in at least the first three ingredients (I've even heard first 5). Stick to it. Let her system relax and acclimate to the change. It may take a week or so.