Kitten diarrhea solution

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I took two kitten girls about three months on Oct19, last Saturday. One of them has normal poop but the other one has diarrhea for two days. Her poop is black, sticky and looks like Nutella.. but she’s still very energetic, play, jump and eat.

I keep the brand of dry food that breeder feed her but change the brand of wet food.

So what should I do to stop her from diarrhea?
1. Change the brand of wet food back to what breeder gave her. But the other girl eat well now.
2. Continue feeding new canned food to let her adapt the new food.
3. Reduce the amount of food. Now I feed two times of 3oz canned food per day.
4. Other suggestions

Please help my baby’s tummy😭

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rx Clay capsules and proviable probiotic capsules. And hopefully a vet visit

Also unfortunately since you bought from a breeder most cats come into my work from diarrhea because an owner decided to buy a cat from a breeder and their animals arent healthy and usually have worms or some kind of parasite we have to treat. Almost every single kitten coming from a breeder comes into my clinic with diarrhea issues

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I took two kitten girls about three months on Oct19, last Saturday. One of them has normal poop but the other one has diarrhea for two days. Her poop is black, sticky and looks like Nutella.. but she’s still very energetic, play, jump and eat.

I keep the brand of dry food that breeder feed her but change the brand of wet food.

So what should I do to stop her from diarrhea?
1. Change the brand of wet food back to what breeder gave her. But the other girl eat well now.
2. Continue feeding new canned food to let her adapt the new food.
3. Reduce the amount of food. Now I feed two times of 3oz canned food per day.
4. Other suggestions

Please help my baby’s tummy😭
First of all this not because you bought from a breeder. Your kitten or cat can have the runs for many reasons wherever it comes from. I have had many cats and kittens who came from shelters who had the tummy upsets, colds and runs and other issues and so did Quinn, but not until after he was given flea poison and he didn't have any parasites. Flagyl took care of his runs in two doses and I figured out there are only two foods he can eat, a home cooked chicken diet with alnutrin and some pumpkin, or fussie cat low sodium chicken and chicken liver in pumpkin soup. I would go to dvm first and get some flagyl, do stool test just in case and then figure out the diet. I hope she gets better soon.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would definitely take the one to the Vet to have her tested for worms, etc. As mentioned above, kittens often have them. If she's free of them, then it absolutely could be the change in foods. Some cats have much sensitive tummies than others. If I'm reading correctly, you are feeding dry and wet, but you switched to a different wet food? Is that right? You could try just adding a little bit of the new wet food to her old wet food to see how she handles that. If she does ok, then slowly increase the amount of new and continue monitoring. As long as she has no issues, it's ok to increase the amount of the new food, but if she starts having poop issues, than back off and wait before increasing it. this is how you do it when switching dry food.