Kitten Coughing Up Little Clumps

knightoftime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a six month old kitten that has been retching/hacking up little clumps of... something. She's not throwing up, it's these little pea-sized clumps of light brown/yellowish looking stuff. It's got a thick consistency and what looks like little pieces of hair or fur in it. She's done it three times in the past two hours. Her brother seems completely fine, and she has been acting normal other than the hacking up.

She and her brother eat the same food, but he doesn't seem to be having any adverse reactions. I was thinking her stomach might be upset due to an emergency food swap? Last night we ran out of canned food and I had no time to run to the store to pick up some more, so I gave them some dry kibble instead. They've had this brand of dry before and liked it, no problems in the past, but we recently stopped free-feeding them dry along with canned at certain times and switched to a fully-canned diet so they haven't eaten it in a few weeks. They had the same canned food as usual today for breakfast and dinner.

Is this something I should be concerned about, or just wait a day and see what happens? I appreciate any help you can give me, I'm kind of at a loss here.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Personally, I wouldn't wait. She is having a strong reaction to something and I don't think it's kibble.