Kitten Climbing up to Loft Bed

eavane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXfxU...e=mfu_in_order It's probably has crappy quality because I just uploaded it, It started where he would climb a few steps but now he's going all the way up, When i'm at school he can't get down himself so I don't want him pooping up there, or not being able to eat, Is there any way to stop this? I've been thinking about making a sisal rope ramp going down the side if we can't stop him going up so he can at least get down.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can put something uncomfortable for kitty to stand on on top of the bed. After a while, your cat will realize the bed feels bad and not want to go up anymore. Aluminum foil works, since cats hate the feel (mine does at least) or oven racks. Cats naturally like to be high up though, so you might want to make a sisal rope ramp for it. You still want your cat to have fun, right
? If the only problem is waste, I would suggest finding a way for your cat to descend rather than have him avoid an interesting area of your place.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you just shut him out of the bedroom when you're not home until he gets a bit bigger and can jump down?

Or push a dresser or something that goes about half way up over by the bed, for him to jump down.

However, I like the sisal ramp idea of yours best. A good project for this weekend!

What a clever boy he is to be able to go up that ladder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eavane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a small wall on the side of my loft bed (4ft wide from the end of the bed to the door) I was thinking about doing some sort of cat shelf. I found that picture online, I need votes now, Shelf vs. Ramp I was also going to hang a little cat house in the corner above my loft bed.