Kitten chewing on EVERYTHING

Masson99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a very curious approximately 6 month old kitten. He has within the last week started chewing on my computer AND all my cords. IDK if he is teething, or acting out, or what! I don't know how to make him stop or how to protect my stuff.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Try some pvc pipe, or there are cord covers available.

Also, try taking a wash cloth (well rinsed if you use scented dryer sheets), wet it and partially freeze it. Let him chew on that - the cold can help ease any discomfort :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is this the only kitten / cat you have? Bored cats of any age will do things out of boredom, including chewing on cords and other things. How often do you play with your kitten? Can you add more playtime daily or do longer sessions? Many people will suggest adding another kitten but depending on your living situation, etc a second kitten may not be feasible.

6 month old kittens are also losing their baby teeth so they may chew to relieve minor discomfort. You can offer cat dental chew toys for your kitten to chew on. Petstages makes some (all can be bought at any pet store and most popular web sites like Amazon):

Here's a TCS article with tips to stop inappropriate chewing:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to give him a large cardboard box to play with and chew on. There are also edible chew sticks that he might like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Masson99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is this the only kitten / cat you have? Bored cats of any age will do things out of boredom, including chewing on cords and other things. How often do you play with your kitten? Can you add more playtime daily or do longer sessions? Many people will suggest adding another kitten but depending on your living situation, etc a second kitten may not be feasible.

6 month old kittens are also losing their baby teeth so they may chew to relieve minor discomfort. You can offer cat dental chew toys for your kitten to chew on. Petstages makes some (all can be bought at any pet store and most popular web sites like Amazon):

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Here's a TCS article with tips to stop inappropriate chewing:

[/URL]
I have an almost 2 year old cat who frequently chases him and wrestles.