Kitten being bullied

novathekittycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every day I go to visit the cats of my neighborhood. Today, I noticed Fluffy (I didn't name her), the small silver tabby kitten being bullied by Sugar (I didn't name her), a white cat and Smoky, a grey and white cat. Both Smoky and Sugar are adult females (but Smoky is a bit smaller). Fluffy is female, and (sometimes) is able to defend herself. It started out with Sugar and two males, Spice and Coco. Spice is a brown tabby and Coco is black. I chased Coco away, and a small tortoiseshell cat (I call her Girly) chased Spice away. Girly attacks all the cats even though she is the second smallest one. These cats are very shy and will run away (but Fluffy won't) if I go near them.

The Incident~

Sugar, Spice and Coco had cornered Fluffy. When they saw me, Coco pulled open the screen door with his paws and went inside Fluffy's Owner's apartment. Spice had ran away, but Sugar had pinned Fluffy to the ground against her will and mated with her. I chased the cats around with my bike (Spice came back) because Fluffy loves bikes, but the others are scared of bikes. They will hide under cars and Fluffy will climb into the engine. Sugar also chased Fluffy into a tree while Spice turned his attention to Smoky. Girly attacked Sugar while she (Sugar) was in the tree with Fluffy. Sugar and Girly jumped off of the tree. I chased Sugar away, while Girly was chasing Spice (Smoky had ran away). Some kids and I had encouraged Fluffy into coming down by coaxing her. After she came down, Sugar had chased her under a car, with Spice and Smoky watching from under the cars that were near. Spice had left after Sugar chased Fluffy into a fenced-off yard, and Smoky had decided to enter the yard with them. Sugar had pinned Fluffy to the ground once more (she also did it several times before) and mated with the kitten (BTW they're both female) I watched helplessly as Fluffy cried out. There was nothing I could do because the cats were on someone's property. Fluffy managed to escape, and run underneath a car. Both Sugar and Smoky followed. Smoky had now joined in and both herself and Sugar had been biting, scratching, slapping hissing, growling, trapping, stepping on, and mating with Fluffy. She escaped and hid in the car's engine where Smoky and Sugar had trapped her. I reached in and pulled Fluffy out. Spice had returned, but did not torture Fluffy like Smoky and Sugar. Instead he only watched. More chasing cats around until I grabbed Sugar and trapped her in the hallway of the apartment (I carried her inside). No one attacked Fluffy anymore withour Sugar. All but Fluffy are scared of me.

The Pecking Order~

Girly

Sophie (she's another cat that lives around there, absent during the incident)

Sugar

Spice

Smoky

Fluffy

(Coco's rank is unknown)

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO!!!!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Fluffy in heat?  You mentioned one of the cat's going in Fluffy's owners apartment?  Is the owner aware this is happening?

I think the only way to help Fluffy is to remove her from the situation.   Sorry I don't have any real answers.  Maybe someone else will.

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To me it sounds like Sugar and Spice and Smokey are all Tom cats mating with a couple of other cats.  Females do not mate with females.  This sounds like typical mating behavior of intact cats.  Even Fluffy crying out is a normal mating ritual.  It looks violent but is routine.  I'm glad I'm not a cat.

Sometimes it is difficult to identify the sex of cats.  It is not always apparent which are males with fur in the way and some males can appear female.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anything you can do to help these cats be spayed and neutered? The population will quickly grow out of control and violent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

novathekittycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there anything you can do to help these cats be spayed and neutered? The population will quickly grow out of control and violent.
Fluffy, Sugar, and Coco are all spayed/neutered as of now. Although Smoky's whereabout's are unknown. Thanks for your help though! :)