Kitten Being A Real Butthole. What To Do?

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is not my first kitten, its actually my third in the last 5 years and my 11th in my whole life. I found her on Nov 30 crying in a public park at 10 PM. The vet says she was barely 5 weeks. I picked her up, took her home and she was the sweetest thing for about 2-3 weeks. Now she is demon and I am at a loss of how to redirect her energy.

I have two other cats that get on famously (they love love love love each other). They play with her for a bit but she gets too crazy for them. Both of them were kittens when I found them and neither of them acted this nuts. Its getting to a point where she is seriously angering the other cats because she wont leave them alone and its borderline aggressive. Example, my big 4 year old white cat was just sitting bathing herself and the kitten sprints from nowhere, tackles her, body slams her to the ground, bites her head and runs away. She wakes up from her nap sleeping next to one of the cats, jumps on the sleeping cats body and bites the crap of it. Such an butthole. The big cats wont hurt her but they are getting annoyed. A lot of growling and hissing when she starts acting like a lunatic.

She has infinite toys, 2 feline playmates and even a big sweet dog that loves to hang with her. The house is large, she has full range of everything now and still acts like an out of control maniac. what else can I do? I dont know how to channel this frenetic kitten energy in a way that doesnt destroy or piss off the current brood.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, maybe i play with her too much. Wands, strings, picking her up and carrying her everywhere. My husband and I both work from home so she is never alone. She just bites us. I got her a motorized mouse and she was chasing it and then randomly ran up to me, jumped on my foot bit it HARD and ran off after the mouse. I know its a question of time. Shes 3 months now and is crazy. I just dont know how to get from here to 12 months when shes so obnoxious.

Last edited by a moderator:

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
even bought her one of those cat's meow things where the arm circles under a piece of fabric. she broke it already. AHHHHHHHHHHH :argh:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe get a cat wheel so she can run off some energy. And get a laser toy and play with her with that. Play wi th her until she is panting.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ummm. I hate to say, I have no idea if it'd help, but what about another kitten of the same sort of super confident energy where they could bounce off each other instead of everybody else?

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ummm. I hate to say, I have no idea if it'd help, but what about another kitten of the same sort of super confident energy where they could bounce off each other instead of everybody else?
Its a great idea but unfortunately I cant because my older cat has FIP, which I did not know until 2 weeks AFTER i found the baby. Vets said no more animals of any sort in the house, and I agree. We are already outnumbered 2:1!

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe get a cat wheel so she can run off some energy. And get a laser toy and play with her with that. Play wi th her until she is panting.
On petco's website right now ordering one! She cant see the laser yet, but I am gonna try the wheel. I heard calicos were crazy cats but what did i get myself in to!!!!