Kitten Behavior

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 4 kittens that are currently 13 weeks old, that im trying to find homes for and i would like some advice.
1. They sleep in a crate(36") at night and they tear it up it ever night, they get litter everywhere!! Is it time to move them to the bathroom at night? Or should i try a bigger litter box?
2. Some of the kittens tend to lay/sleep in the litter box whether its frsshly scooped or if his brother just used it. Is there anything i can do to discourage this behavior, in the morning one of them in particular smells like poop.
3. One kitten also sucks on his brothers all the time, to the point where the fur is soaked. I have no idea why, i separated them from their mom completely when they were 8 weeks old because their mom is feral and they needed to be socialized, before then i would bring them in for a hour or two then let them back out to be with mom.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Is it time to move them to the bathroom at night?
Maybe? I'm thinking a bigger litter box won't really help, but then, they're growing...
I'm not sure if sleeping in the litter can be actively discouraged but I'm thinking putting them in the bathroom might help with that...

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not let them roam the house at night? With more space and more litter boxes, the sleeping in the box might stop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why not let them roam the house at night? With more space and more litter boxes, the sleeping in the box might stop.
We have our own cat who doesn't like the kittens and the night is when he has full reign of the house without the kittens bothering him.