Kitten Ate A Piece Of Pot Puri

Sibguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm worried , my kitten ate a piece of dry pot Puri. It was very dry and old pot puri he ate it in the morning and shortly after vomited up and out.
He is acting completely normal , will he be ok?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not a vet but my thinking is that since he threw it up so soon after, it's possible that whatever fragrance oils were left in the piece didn't have time to absorb into him. Keep a sharp eye on him though, as on the other hand it wouldn't take much to upset a kitten's delicate system, so if you anything that seems off you'll want to take him into a vet. Do you have a poison control center you could call, just to be sure?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sibguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not a vet but my thinking is that since he threw it up so soon after, it's possible that whatever fragrance oils were left in the piece didn't have time to absorb into him. Keep a sharp eye on him though, as on the other hand it wouldn't take much to upset a kitten's delicate system, so if you anything that seems off you'll want to take him into a vet. Do you have a poison control center you could call, just to be sure?
Ya I think your right as he is normal as with playing and acting the same way. I will see how he is through out the rest of the day. The pot puri Is also very dry and does not smell any more

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ailish has a liking for old, dry plant material. I can't explain it. I got her kitty grass and it grew to be beautiful green and lush. She took one look at it and walked away. Old dried flowers? Yum. Dried up old Christmas greens? Bring 'em on. She will try to eat it, throw it up pretty quickly, and that is it. I can't figure out what the attraction is. I'd think she was trying to make herself barf, but she only ever brings up the plant material and a little fluid. Cats?!?!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Actually, I've wondered about that too, --the part about trying to make themselves throw up. You reminded me of someone in a different situation (cat food review maybe) commenting about his cat eating less grass/throwing up less/ less-smelly poo when he'd switched food, and so he was making the conclusion the cat grass eating was with a deliberate intent in mind. (I don't have a clue, honestly, as other folks have said that cat grass is simply like an antacid for people and helps make their tummy feel better without the more dramatic result of actually causing a barf).