Kitten And Collar

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone.

Charlie is now almost 6 months old and is 8lbs. We had a struggle when he first came into the house keeping his collar on. We got everything under control but now he is slipping from the collar again. We are just at the very end of what his kitten collar can handle, so I thought he was popping the safety latch on it. However, after testing it tonight, it is still pretty loose on him.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to keep him in the collar? Any collars that work better than others? I am considering getting him microchipped when he is neutered since this collar business has been such a battle.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Beasties Bands are the best I have seen. I have a cat whose favorite game was removing and hiding his collar until we got the Beastie Band.

Microchips are only good if they are registered and checked. I highly advise checking with your shelter and nearest vets to see what system they verify chips with. Make sure your microchip is registered with those systems. Also, have your vet check at each annual exam that it is in the proper place and reading properly.