Kitten Always Wants to be Outside or With Me

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow is always darting outside whenever the door is slightly opened, or, when I'm outside (or when she's in my room, which is where she is primarily living right now) and I'm in a different room, she meows and howls for me. What do I do? I don't want her darting outside like this, and, although I love her, if I'm being honest, it's getting to be annoying having her continuously meowing to be with me. It's impossible for me to give her my constant attention. Anybody else dealt with this before, or have any advice? Thank you!

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will fade in time.

As far as outside goes, try stomping your foot to back her off a bit before opening the door. When coming in, crack the door, look and if need be stomp.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Maggie I rescued 3 months,now 7. Older she has gotten the more she meows for me until I speak. If she does not see me in her line of vision she cries for me.When I go outside on my porch, she jumps on the cat tower facing the porch. My blinds are all up so she sees me

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she spayed? If not she will need to be, as a kitty in heat will want to be outside. Kittens can go in heat as soon as they are 4 months old. Kittens are very social, you could always get a second kitten as well. Check out pam johnson bennet's website on door darting. :)

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I second the idea of a second kitten. Our rescue only adopts out kittens in pairs. Not only is it better for them, but it makes like for the pet parents much easier.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats likes to chase after toys so I throw one before I leave. Maybe a DVD with birds or kittens will keep her mesmerized. Is she micro chipped incase she gets outside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she spayed? If not she will need to be, as a kitty in heat will want to be outside. Kittens can go in heat as soon as they are 4 months old. Kittens are very social, you could always get a second kitten as well. Check out pam johnson bennet's website on door darting. :)
Thank you! She is not spayed- She's about 3 months, so we're getting that done ASAP. We are currently not in a position to get a 2nd indoor cat, but we have cats outdoors, as well. I'll definitely check that website out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats likes to chase after toys so I throw one before I leave. Maybe a DVD with birds or kittens will keep her mesmerized. Is she micro chipped incase she gets outside?
Not yet, but we're planning on it :) We're also looking into getting a GPS tracker for her collar