kitten always under the bed

mimibky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This might be an awkward question but my kitten does not have any behavioural issues, but i noticed this one thing, everytime i walk into my bedroom she follows me and waits at the door and suddenly runs under the bed, as if she were to hide from me, for no absolute reason.

does anyone know what the reason for this behaviour might be?

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

This might be an awkward question but my kitten does not have any behavioural issues, but i noticed this one thing, everytime i walk into my bedroom she follows me and waits at the door and suddenly runs under the bed, as if she were to hide from me, for no absolute reason.

does anyone know what the reason for this behaviour might be?
How long have you had her and how old is she?  Is it possible she is playing hide and seek with you?  Have you tried to coax her out or use a toy to play with her under the bed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mimibky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long have you had her and how old is she?  Is it possible she is playing hide and seek with you?  Have you tried to coax her out or use a toy to play with her under the bed?

Ive had her for almost 3 months now. Shes very playful. I havent thought of that before but she seems reluctant to come out from under the bed until i actually am on the bed

Thanks for your help!

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ive had her for almost 3 months now. Shes very playful. I havent thought of that before but she seems reluctant to come out from under the bed until i actually am on the bed

Thanks for your help!
If this is the only context where she "hides" it sounds like a game to me, and you may want to try and engage her that way.  Many cats like to play some form of hide and seek.