Kitten Adjustment Help!

sweetpie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!!

I've posted only once or twice on here regarding the first week of owning my female 8 week old Maine Coon mix, Sassie. I was concerned about how she was adjusting to the house and how my other 3 cats were adjusting to her. Besides Sassie, I have a pair of indoor 5 year old sisters, Honey Pie & Daisy, and a 9 year old outdoor cat named Lily. After about 2 weeks of hiding in our basement, Honey Pie and Daisy started to come back upstairs and were able to deal with Sassie.

Honey Pie has always been my baby girl, I've never known a cat to be as devoted to anyone as she is. Shes slept with me, eaten with me, followed me everywhere in the house, etc. Since Sassie is only about 14 weeks old, she is full of energy and is always trying to pounce and play with the other cats who want nothing to do with her. The older ones seem to hiss and swat at her, but she doesn't get the hint. Honey Pie was doing great with her until about 3 weeks ago. She was lying down on the floor and Sassie came up to her to play. Usually once I hear a hiss, I'll try to pick up Sassie, but my aunt told me to not interfere. The hissing eventually turned into yowling, growling, and screaming as Sassie wouldn't back off. Ever since then Honey Pie has been acting weird. She hasn't gone in my room for a week and seems terrified to be out and about. 

I've been thinking about getting a second kitten as a companion for Sassie. She was an outdoor cat from when she was born to when I adopted her, so the indoors has been boring for her since she does not have anyone to play with. I feel like if there was another kitty in the house she would leave the other cats alone. When my mom comes over with her spaniel mix, Sassies all over her trying to play with her. She is just a very social kitten! 

I feel like another kitten would be a good idea, although I'm not completely sure yet. Any advice would be great! Thank you! :)  **Pictures Below**

Lily - 9 year old Tuxedo (outdoor)                           Honey Pie - 5 year old Calico/Torti                              Daisy - 5 year old Black Domestic Shorthair

Sassie - 14 week old Maine Coon mix 

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can properly care for another cat I don't see a problem. :) She needs a buddy of her own. Beautiful cats you have!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetpie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much!