Kitten acting like a adog

jlkhgkp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So we have our Norwegian Forest Cat male kitten, he has now like 6 - 7 months and we sterilized him 2 days ago.

And every time he jumps and runs around like crazy he sits down to rest and has his mouth open, like a dog when it's hot. He also brings us toys and carries them around like a dog when it catches a ball. 

I'm worried about the mouth thing. I know cats don't do that, and I'm concerned for his health. Does he has some kind of heart condition? 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet check him out before neutering him? If you're worried, you should ask the vet to give him a thorough exam, paying particular attention to his heart. Kittens will play to the point of exhaustion, so panting isn't unusual.

A lot of cats like to play fetch with toy mice or balls or simply carry them around like prey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlkhgkp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He started doing this a long time ago, before the sterilization. But ok then. 

zemari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bonnie 'wag's' her tail when she knows its feeding time - it sort of goes curly and wags and shivers (its hard to explain), She used to play fetch with balls we made out of tin foil as well - she's been checked out and is all OK - so I think its just part of her :)